November 11, 2009 By admin
Why train at GFC Fitness:
GFC Fitness provides the most comprehensive training for people of all ages. We provide Karate, kickboxing, Muay Thai, boxing, mixed martial arts, and fitness programs. At GFC not only do we provide classes for our beginners, but also we gear our students towards becoming professional fighters in the styles of their choices. While most schools focus on just one or two areas of teaching techniques, GFC combines a unique fusion of multiple disciplines. All these different techniques give our students the knowledge to defend themselves in virtually any situation. In addition, our facilities are equipped with the latest in training and strengthening equipment that yield the best results for your workout.
• Karate: Is known primarily as a striking art, featuring punching, kicking, knee/elbow strikes and openhanded techniques. Karate builds character, self-discipline and focus.
• Judo: Meaning “gentle way”, is a modern Japanese martial art. Its most prominent feature is its competitive element, where the object is to either throw one’s opponent to the ground, immobilize or otherwise subdue one’s opponent with a grappling maneuver, or force an opponent to submit by joint locking the elbow or applying a choke.
• Kickboxing: The combination of karate and kickboxing enables you to defend yourself in stand-up situations before someone gets close enough to actually grab you. Kickboxing can be practiced for general fitness, or as a full-contact sport.
• Muay Thai: Traditional Thai martial art the originated in Thailand which has become a very popular sport around the world, and is know as the most dangerous ring sport .
• Boxing: Is a sport in which two participants of similar weight fight each other with their fists in a series of one to three-minute rounds. It has become the most famous combat sport in the world.
• Mixed Martial Arts: Teaches one how to escape holds and grabs using throws, that end up on the ground.
• Fitness Programs: Completely transform your body and mind. Our program is a high-energy routine; it is explosive, fun, and great body workout. We combine boxing punches, martial arts, kicks and other athletic drills to tone muscles and strengthen the heart. Our Fitness program helps you build muscles, burn fat, loose inches and tone you’re upper & lower-body. To become healthy and get the body you’ve always dreamed.
At GFC Fitness we pride ourselves in teaching our students Discipline
-Respect for ones self and others around them
-Focus on ones life