September 8, 2010 By admin
Bellator Fighting Championships today hosted official fighter weigh-ins for Bellator 28, and all 18 event competitors successfully made weight.
The weigh-ins took place at the Mahalia Jackson Theater for the Performing Arts in New Orleans, the same venue that hosts Thursday’s FOX Sports Net-broadcast event.
Louisiana native and MMA veteran Rich Clementi (155.6 pounds) and fellow headliner Carey Vanier (156) both made weight without issue.
While Bellator has become famous for its intriguing eight-man tournaments, Bellator 28 takes a rare night off from bracketed affairs in order to provide several proven stars and up-and-coming prospects an opportunity to earn their way into future Bellator events.
UFC veterans Clementi and Matt Horwich each look to find success under the Bellator banner while recent tourney participants HyeFighter Georgi Karakhanyan and Eric Schambari also look to claim victory.
The full weigh-in results included:
- Georgi Karakhanyan (145.4) vs. Anthony Leone (146)
- Matt Horwich (185.6) vs. Eric Schambari (184.2)
- Rich Clementi (155.6) vs. Carey Vanier (156)
- Marcus Andrusia (155.4) vs. Eric Larkin (155.4)
- Tonny Canales (151.8) vs. J.C. Pennington (154.8)
- Kelvin Doss (232.8) vs. Tony Roberts (229.6)
- Brock Kerry (135.8) vs. Jonathan Mackles (135.6)
- Charlie Rader (170.8) vs. Josh Rafferty (169.2)
- Scott O’Shaughnessy (155.8) vs. Gabe Woods (155)